NZ Day 6 - 26 Oct

2:29 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
We are spending both day 6 and 7 in NZ in Queenstown and woke up pretty early to start early and reach the town early. So that we do not spend the whole day driving and reached the town in the evening, just in time to see these shops frantically pull their posters and everything into the shops and close the shops on time.
 
Although we set off early, we had nothing planned for Queenstown actually (sounds contradicting hor? Don’t want to reach Queenstown late; but did not plan anything for it… Actually, it’s just because we are sick of reaching a town just in time to see people close shops) and agreed that we should stop as and when we see nice sceneries or when we see nice farm or town that we would like to visit.
 
After seeing many many sheep for the past few days, the husband is actually gearing to touch some sheep and told me that he wish to stop at the first farm that is friendly to tourist to pat their sheep. We drove pass this farm call The Vege Shed and saw that there are several vehicles parked outside their farm with advertisement and decide to stop by and see what they offers.
 
As I am severally DOG SICK from the long separation from the dog at home, I was extremely happy to see a little schnauzer running up to me, wagging his tail to welcome me. I just sayanged the dog endlessly and I think at some point, the schnauzer think that I am abit siao since I am so passionate about massaging him.
 
The nice owner of the farm showed us to this area at the front where they kept several sheep as pets and we can pet them. The husband was quite shocked when I (being the cleanliness freak and klutz) climbed over the fences and went into the sheep area and start petting them.
 
I can only say that I really miss the dog at home and seeing them reminds me too much of him that I cannot don’t jump in and pet pet them, give them some love and get some positive energy from them.
 
The products at the farm are priced at a reasonable price and we ended up buying a giant bottle of honey, a bottle of aloe vera cream and a tub of lip balm known as ‘lip shit’. Hahaha
It was only after leaving the farm that I realized that Bart (the name of the dog) left my glove (the one that I used to touch him) black. My gloves are white and he is really THAT dirty. Hahaha.. not that I mind, since he is actually quite cute.
 
We visited another honey place too but did not purchase anything from them since we purchased a giant bottle of honey from the farm earlier on. Next stop was at Kingston where we found out by chance that they actually have this old steam train that brings you on a scenic trail from Kingston to another place and back again. Unfortunately, we missed the last train and was not able to experience the train ride. We did stop by at the café thou for a mini break, where I encounter a second dog. Unfortunately, this dog is abit older and generally in a bad mood, he actually growled when I approached him. Therefore, I decide to leave him alone. Hey! Not only humans need space, animals need their personal space too!
 
Continued our journey to Queenstown, where as predicted by the husband, we did not get to do any sports activities! This is the fate he needs to suffer for marrying a klutz! Haha! But we did had a great time walking around The Mall (a clusters of shops, something like Holland Village, minus the second level) and a great workout since the hotel that we stay in is pretty near, we walked to and fro (a good workout is what we really need since we just eat and eat and eat here).
 
Shall retire for an early night as we are going for cruise and farm visit again tomorrow morning!

0 comments: