NZ Day 3 - 23 Oct

1:54 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
Decide to have an early night the day before due to the insufficient sleep we got from the flight to NZ.

Woke up at about 3ish as the heater was getting really warm and the rashes (sustained from speed drinking) was acting up and getting really itchy. Forced myself back to sleep till 10ish the next day.

Woke up fresh eyed and well rested and proceed to the Akaroa town to get breakkie and stopped by this cafe which serves one of the bestest poached eggs I have ever tasted. As the food serving in NZ was pretty huge, we decide to share one meal with poached eggs on muffin, bacon and a cup of hot coffee and chocolate respectively.

This coffee place that we went to, is an extremely geeky place because it is a cafe that offers internet and generally just a geeky place and I was pleasantly pleased with myself because I found the perfect gift in that shop for my equally geeky nephews..... World's smallest kite. Was telling myself that I will get something really cultural for them (no.. not kiwis nor sheeps) but when I saw these kites in a GEEKY shop, I told myself that I HAD to get these for the two fellows because it is just THE perfect gift for them.

After breakkie, we check out of Akaroa cottage and headed down to Barry's Bay cheese and saw the people making cheese while sampling some nice cheese before heading down to Little River Town where I tasted one of the bestest ice cream from their local brand Kapiti. I told TFB that it is very likely that I will fall into depression when I get back to Singapore because breakkie and ice cream in SG is no longer anywhere near good anymore as I have tasted really nice ones here done by people who take pride in their work.

After these sight seeing, we are off on our way to Lake Tekapo where we saw more sheeps, horses, cows, hares, birds, lamas and PIGS! Which got TFB and LGD arguing because insist on the other party as a pig.

Did a pit stop at Ashburton where we had lunch and purchased food products from the local supermaket for dinner as we heard that Lake Tekapo was really ulu. Stop by again at a quaint nice town call Geraldine where we were just in time to see people closing shops. At least we still did managed to shop abit with TFB getting his gloves and us getting some chocolates.

Reached Lake Tekapo at about 6ish where we checked into this really nice place call The Chalet where the couple upgraded our studio apartment to a full apartment with really nice lakeview after knowing that we are a honeymoon couple (yes! we shamelessly wrote on every single of our booking that we are honeymooning).

We woud highly recommend this place to every single person who tell us that they are going to NZ because it is such a nice place with breath-taking scenaries! The owner was really nice in advising us on what to lookout for, which way to drive and even offered their internet to us FOC.

So far, we have bursted our budget on accommodation at every single place, but these first two places that we stayed in was really nice and I hope that for the next few days, we will meet up with nice folks with equally nice accomodation place too!

Next stop... Te Anau where we still stay for two days (include a day trip to Milford sound where LGD was supposed to post as Wolverine) before moving over to Queenstown.

0 comments: