NZ Day 1 - 21 October

2:37 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
After two years of "should we go for our honeymoon or not?", we decide that we should just go for it now that we are young with no attachments (e.g. smelly kids)... there are a few places that we have shortlisted but we decide on New Zealand because TFB went there once when he was really young and had really good impression of the place. Since we go together, he's been telling me many times that he would love to bring me to New Zealand one day as the place is really nice and I would really enjoy myself. For a very forgetful person to mention this consistently so many times, I guess he is really keen in bringing me to New Zealand.

Fast forward to 21 October, we embarked on our journey to New Zealand via a night flight that has a transit over at Sydney.

It was by far, the worse flight I ever had.. Not due to the long flight hours, but due to my trying to be funny... - -"'

Since it is a night flight and me being such a troublesome and light sleeper, I thot that some alcohol would help me sleep thru the whole flight without any problem. BIG mistake and BIG problem..

The problem rise because I forgot that I am a uber lousy drinker and definitely shouldnt gulp down a can of volka plus ginger beer within 5 minutes. It was 11pm and we had to transit at Sydney at 4pm and I was anxious to get some sleep before the grouchy monster takes over you see.

My stomach started churning and I told TFB that I need to puke.. which I did into the paper bag provided and tried to sleep. However, the stomach was still churnig and I was feeling miserable with a bad hangover type of headache plus the headache sustained from not sleeping and the churning stomach. So I told TFB that I needed to puke again and this time, I decide to go to the toilet.

When I got up from my seat and walk out to the aisle, my vision darken and before I knew it, there was a moment where I couldnt hear anything. When I could finally hear and see things, I was sitting on the floor and TFB was holding onto me, asking me am I alright. I realised I blacked out.

I assured him that I am fine, although I am really not fine and attempt to walk towards the toilet. I remember telling myself that everything is gonna be alright although the vision around me darken once again and before I knew it, everything went black and silent again. When I regain my vision and hearing, I am once again, seated on the floor with TFB screaming at my face asking me to wake up.

I assured him that I am alright, but he told me afterwards that I look as pale as white paper and my eyes were rolled up showing only whites while telling him that I am alright.

Several kind hearted souls stepped forward to help TFB, went to alert the air stewardess and helped me onto the chair at the back of the plane.

The chief steward came and told me to lie on the floor with my legs up on the chair. We guess they suspected that all my blood was at my legs area (yes.. thank you big butt and big feets) and by lying on the floor, the blood will flow back into my tiny head.

I felt better instantly and they gave me oxygen mask to make me feel better. The people in front of my seat look really shock when they saw me with the oxygen mask. Hahaha!

I had the oxygen with me for the last 30 minutes of the trip as we were doing the landing and TFB was instructed to hold onto the oxygen tank to prevent it from sliding down when the plane is doing its landing.

It was really drama and we slept for only 2 hours for the whole journey.

Drama did not end there as I was singled out for security check at the Sydney transit security point. The guy was not too friendly (not that I expect him to be friendly, but I mean be nicer lah), and I was feeling really unjust because another chinese couple was with us and the girl was not singled out for check. I kept telling TFB... do they think I look like terrorist?!

Lesson learnt from this whole episode? Dont drink and fly... okay change that... dont EVER drink..

0 comments: